MIXED MEDIA BY ZEHNER

Monday, March 2, 2015

Decoupage

I work primarily in clay,  but once in awhile, I like to play with other materials too.  For this project I wanted a French look and the following website is where I found these great images:

http://www.thegraphicsfairy.com

For this project I am using a metal container I found at a thrift shop.  The inside was already black and in good shape, but the outside needed a makeover.  These are the very easy steps I used: 

1.   Paint the outside of the metal vase or whatever you have with a country white.  I used chalk paint I bought at Main Street Market in Hereford, Texas (her brand),  but any acrylic paint will do.  I like the chalk paint because it will adhere well to the surface without priming.  I let the paint cure overnight.  You can prepare the images and find the bling while you wait. 

 2.  Next I printed off the designs on light tan paper,  and tore around the edges for a rugged look.  Then I used a brown distressing stamp pad to darken the edges of the designs.   

3.  I glued the designs on with Mod Podge and let them dry.  Then I painted on a coat of Mod Podge over the entire outside surface so it has a uniform sheen.  Let dry.

4.  I glued the buttons and bling on with E6000 glue.

Supplies:
-metal container
-off-white chalk paint
-mod podge
-light tan paper
-printed images
-buttons & bling






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback.

til next time...