MIXED MEDIA BY ZEHNER

Sunday, May 10, 2009

FLAT STANLEY AND THE GIANT'S THINGS (sculpture made by ME!)

To give you an idea of scale, the shoe is 27 1/2" long. I will blog more about these items individually later (after school's out). I made these sculptures for my project and exhibition when I was in graduate school. I like to make giant things and teeny, tiny things (right now my passion is buttons and beads/pendants). A friend once commented on how strange it was that I was making buttons after so many years of making giant sculpture. She asked, "Do you ever make anything normal sized?" Well.....I have never been accused of being normal! I do make an occasional item for a friend, but am not as passionate about that as I am when I create my own ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback.

til next time...